What is the International Community of Enquiry?
P4C schools around the world exchange enquiry stimuli and share the questions and concepts that come out of the enquiry with each other online. SAPERE started this pilot initiative in the summer 2016.
Which schools are involved?
- Fortune Kindergarten International Schools, Shanghai, China
- Shanghai United International Schools (Junior), Shanghai, China
- Jerudong International School, Brunei
- NIST International School, Bangkok
- Cath Rathbone, Florida, USA
- Manorfield Primary, London, England
- Bow Secondary, London, England
- Broadgreen Primary, Liverpool, England
- St Michael in the Hamlet, Liverpool, England
- Barlows Primary School, Liverpool, England
- Alverstoke Junior, Gosport, England
- Watercliffe Meadow Community Primary School, Sheffield, England
- Haselworth Primary School, Gosport, England
Gym Jumping Boy for ages 9 – 11 (A Japanese boy age 4 attempts to jump large gymnastics horse, and gets some help from his friends)
Beegu for ages 4 – 7 (Animation based on the book Beegu by Alexis Deacon)
More about the schools involved:
Cath Rathbone in Florida, USA has made this wonderful 3 minute video on the theme of Love in her P4C sessions and how she turned one enquiry into a year long cycle of P4C sessions: https://player.vimeo.com/video/176571019
Fortune Kindergarten International School, Dongfang, Shanghai: 4 year old girl votes whether spiders, bad dreams, dark nights or needles are scarier in P4C session: https://player.vimeo.com/video/168102357
P4C at Broadgreen Primary, Liverpool
Video from the Liverpool Healthy Schools P4C project featuring Broadgreen Primary: https://vimeo.com/55009112
P4C at Bow School, London
Student and teacher video on the impact of P4C: https://player.vimeo.com/video/147248384
P4C at Manorfield and Bow Schools, London
How can I take part?
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org